Friday, July 8, 2011

The Drive-In Movie Theater is Still Going Strong in my Hometown

Some of my favorite memories are those of my sister and I putting on our pj's and going to the drive-in with Mom and Dad. That was back in the days of Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang, Escape to Witch Mountain, and The Apple Dumpling Gang just to name a few. I am telling my age now! I hope our children will cherish this memory also.

Big Daddy and I took the whole family on a short trip to my hometown's Drive-In Movie Theater tonight.  The kids were so excited! We had not been there since our oldest boys were little because their younger siblings were always too young to go.  I packed up a bag of snacks, a cooler full of drinks, lawn chairs, blankets, and pillows, and off we went. It was $14 a carload night  for two movies.  We only stayed for the first movie, but what a bargain for a family of 6! Miss B wanted to keep climbing in and out of the car and wouldn't stay settled, but what did we expect, as it was way past her bedtime. 


This is the Drive-In Concession stand.  There are bathrooms on each end.  It hasn't changed much since I was a little girl.  We got a super large family-sized bag of popcorn  with extra movie butter for $4.50. Normally I pop my own, but this was a last minute decision after a baseball game, and I didn't have time.  Still, not a bad price compared to indoor movie theater popcorn prices.  


 Love living the small town life,
God Bless,
The Queen Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment