Monday, March 5, 2012

Can I Please Have a Refrigerator, Bathroom, and Bed in my Car?

So today was one of those crazy days where I spent more time in my vehicle than I did anywhere else.  My Mom had invited me and my two youngest to breakfast at a restaurant we love, and I was looking forward to enjoying a Belgian waffle and a cup of hot tea AND having someone make and bring me breakfast for a change.  I should have known that Murphy would raise his hand and say, "I don't think so, sister!"

The Champ came to me last night and said "Mom, I think I'm wheezing.  I have guck".  Great.  He was wheezing, so after we dropped Little Big Man off at school the next morning, off to the Doctor we went.  Yep, wheezing.  Asthma treatments every 4 hours.  Well, the prescription would take awhile to electronically get to the pharmacy and be filled, so I totally took advantage of having my big strapping boy and took him to the grocery store.  He pushed the cart with food while I pushed the cart with the babies.  Then, off to the pharmacy.  Then home to unload groceries.  Then to the school to pick up Little Big Man.  Then took Little Big Man 1/2 hour away to the orthodontist while Big Daddy took the Princess to dance class.  Then had to hit a drive-thru on the way home since I was basically never home to prepare dinner.

It is times like these where I wish my already monstrous vehicle was equipped with a refrigerator, a bathroom, and a bed.  And, as I plop into my seat in front of the computer, I realize baseball season is only a couple months away, and I will be living in my car daily.  Perhaps I should rent or buy a Winnebago for the summer?  At least I could relax between stops!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment